How To Participate in Kart Block Tokensale
You can participate in our Tokensale by Ether or BTC. You can view a detailed step by step instruction with screenshots here
How to participate by Ether;
- Buy Ether From Any Exchange
- Set Up A Wallet (Compatible With ERC-20 Standard)
- Transfer Ether From Exchange Account To Your Wallet
- Open Kartblock Tokensale Platform https://tokensale.kartblock.io/and Register
- Select Buy With Ether And Receive The Address For Sending Ether
- Send Ether From Your Wallet To The Crowdsale Contribution Address
Step 1: Buy Ether From Any Exchange
If you don’t have Ether, you can buy it from any Cryptocurrency exchange e.g. Kraken, Coinbase, Cex, Bittrex etc. Here, we will take the example of Kraken (as an exchange to buy Ether) and MyEtherWallet (as a wallet to store your Ether).
- a) Create A Kraken Account:
In order to buy any cryptocurrency, you need to have an account with a cryptocurrency exchange. Here we will discuss about Kraken. Open www.kraken.com and Signup.
Signing up for Kraken is an easy and quick process. But after opening the account, you have to verify it by filling the details and clicking on get verified. You’ll receive an email when your account is verified.
Regardless of which exchange you choose, keep in mind that account verification may take few days, so make sure to buy enough Ether before the crowdsale begins.
- b) Deposit Funds in Your Kraken Account
After you have set up your account and logged in, go to ‘Funding’ and then ‘Deposit’. After that choose deposit currency and deposit method.
Deposition from bank may also take several Business days.
- c) Buy Ether
Now you have money in your Kraken account, you can buy Ether clicking on ‘Trade’ then ‘ New Order’.
Do Not Participate in Token Sales Directly From Any Cryptocurrency Exchanges.
We recommend you use MyEtherWallet. It is compatible with the token and can also be used for storing your Ether.
Step 2: Set up A Wallet
The following wallets are known to be compatible with Ethereum tokens (ERC-20 standard). This is not an exhaustive list and KART BLOCK does not take any responsibility of any third party Wallets and Exchanges
- MyEtherWallet (no download needed)
- MetaMask (Firefox and Chrome browser addon)
- Mist (Desktop)
- Parity (Desktop)
- Parity + Ledger (Hardware wallet)
Creating MyEtherWallet Account as an example:
- Go to https://myetherwallet.com
- Generate a wallet with a strong password and remember the password.
- Download the keyfile. Store it safely and keep it private. You use this file to sign in back in your MyEtherWallet account. Do not lose or publically reveal this file or its password, as it will control access to your tokens. You can also use the same keyfile with other Ethereum wallets.
- After downloading the keyfile you are given an option to print a paper backup. We recommend you to print this paper wallet.
Step 3: Transfer Ether From Exchange Account To Your Wallet
- Once you have set up your wallet, log in to Kraken (Exchange) and go to ‘Funding’ then ‘withdraw’. After that, from the left side menu choose Ether.
- Now copy your MyEtherWallet address to the withdrawal field and fill the Amount that you want to transfer in your Wallet and complete the Withdrawal process.
Step 4: Open KartBlock Crowdsale Platform and Register
- Open http://tokensale.kartblock.io/ and click on signup.
- After submitting the above form, you will receive a verification email. You have to click on the verification link sent to you in the email to verify your account.
Step 5: Select Buy With Ether And Receive The Address For Sending Ether
- After verifying your account, you need to fill KYC form and accept the token agreement. On doing that you are provided access to your dashboard.
- Here you can calculate the no of tokens you want to buy. You can either buy with BTC or Ether.
- After submitting a valid ethereum address where you want to receive tokens, you will receive the Kartblock deposit address where you have to send your Ether from your wallet. Copy that address.
Step 6: Sending Ether To The Crowdsale Contribution Address
- Now open your MyEtherWallet at www.myetherwallet.com and Click on ‘Send Ether & Tokens”.
- Access your wallet by private key or Keystore file( UTC/JSON) downloaded previously and then Fill the values;
- After filling all the values click on ‘Generate Transaction’ and then click “Send Transaction”. Upon final confirmation, click “Yes, I am sure! Make transaction.” and you are good to go
- After sending the transaction MyEtherWallet will give you an Etherscan.io link for your transaction tracking in a green pop up dialog box. Click the link. Check that you get a green mark. You can confirm on Etherscan.io if your transaction is successfully deposited on the token sale contract.